Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Baby Puke

Today was not the first time but probably the worst time I've been puked on by Aubrey. We were busy reading a book on Bambi when all of a sudden Aubrey projectile vomited on me. Although my initial reflex normally would be to jump out of the way, I now have the immediate reflex to hold baby upright and centered on me so that she 1) doesn't aspirate 2) doesn't puke all over the carpet. Needless to say, I smell a bit sour. I think both Aubrey and I will need a bath tonight to freshen up.

It's strange though how a baby can be puking one minute and smiling/cooing the next. Within about 1 minute of her puking, she was giving me a big, gorgeous smile and cooing up at me. I was busy consoling her but realized no consoling was needed by my little one. What a girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment